View Single Post
Old 12th April 2008, 22:10   #24
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC Trading View Post
Thanks Simon ,

Just bought the Fuji S9600, thought I had better start there, learn a bit then move on to a DSLR.

Next challenge, anyone got or know where I can get a cheap 4GB xD memory card? I noticed the camera also does video recording, how long would it record on a 1GB card?
Well done Les. The 9600 is a good starting point. Its main advantage is the 11x zoom range and the lens is fixed so you won't get any dust inside the body. The main disadvantage is the focussing system so have a good play around before you do anything important with it.

I'd get a bigger capacity memory card if I were you (at least 4GB) otherwise you'll just end up running out of shots halfway through a karate final. Go for the CF type - they're tougher. Google Sandisk Extreme III Compact Flash 4GB and see who is the cheapest online supplier.

It's best to use the camera on its highest quality setting (3488 x 2616 pixels - setting 9M, F for fine). It'll give you less shots but the end result will be better.

As for video - there are two settings: 640x480 pixels and 320x240 pixels. Fuji's stated recording time is 60 mins and 120 mins respectively. 640x will produce the better pics.