View Single Post
Old 21st November 2019, 19:29   #70
phenonix
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2001 Club Sedan V6 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
I'd suggest the first clue to the connumdrum is in the Demist Test when this question was asked (post 41):
and Joe's answer:

Then (post 47):

And post 60:

So what's going on? In essence, the silver resistor on the fan Joe fitted had indeed failed. The first Demist Test gave a 'fail', which apparently changed to a 'pass' after switching off and repeating the test.

What happened here is the trinary tripped on the emergency aircon over-pressure fan speed (speed 2) because the refrigerant had already gotten too hot from the earlier test. This overheating/over-pressure was probably exacerbated by the very high ambient temperatures currently plaguing Australia and a failing/failed condenser matrix. So I'd suggest Joe also checks the condition of the aircon condenser, which if poor will need replacing.

It would be informative if Joe would report on his aircon performance now that speed 1 operates correctly. From what's reported in the news, he'll certainly need it.

TC
I've tried my Aircon and it seems to be cooling exactly as before (which has never been super cold since i bought the car)
My air condenser looks fine, to the best of my knowledge, its not the original one, as i replaced it a few years ago.
I'm doing all my maintenance in an underground garage, nice and cool, so not affected by our high heats, just a look a smoke from the bush fires in the air, which are a long way away from where i am, luckily.

Last edited by phenonix; 21st November 2019 at 19:37..
phenonix is offline   Reply With Quote