View Single Post
Old 17th June 2016, 09:39   #1
Alanbp
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer Auto Diesel

Default CDT Auto Question

I have been reading up on the merits or otherwise of slipping the car in neutral at lights rather than staying in drive and holding it on the brake.

I have noticed when I start from cold and pull up at the first stop, I hold the car on the brake in drive, the revs start to "hunt" and you can feel it through the car. This does not happen when warm. If I slip into neutral it is less noticable. I assume its a cold start fueling effect? I notice the idle although almost smooth undulates a wee bit. I have a EGR bypass fitted and the PCV is all changed etc along with all fluids and filters.

I have also noticed that the "box" changes into top as soon as possible and the revs are more in the 1500-1700 at normal A-road speeds. I remember in my Xantia TD that the optimum power with turbo boost was 2100-2300 which improved fuel economy. As my mpg is around 36 which I am a little disappointed with I wondered if this might be the cause?

I dont have any noticable black smoke, although I noticed after fitting my exhaust that there was a little soot on a cold start rev.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Alan
Alanbp is offline   Reply With Quote