View Single Post
Old 13th October 2019, 17:16   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
you seem to be trying to apportion blame, that is not the point of the post. It is about reacting to what is happening asap, not waiting for the situation to determinate until it becomes serious.

Re me not being aware of what is in the other lane, what other lane?
If the road is clear behind me, what would the point of me stopping?
Both motorcycle cop and I were on motorbikes.

macafee2
Re the minibus driver, I have stated my case, he did nothing wrong, and nothing for you to criticise him for. (maybe you didnt criticise, but offer your opinion of 'he could have let him in' ?) .

I watch one video and get sucked into the suggestions. THIS video (at 1.03 - it should play at it) is how I imagine what happened to the minibus and car, albeit without the aggression before. Bear in mind too, at the start of the video, it has been digitally zoomed in as evidenced at the end. So it could be reasonable to suggest there was room for the van to fall behind the Viva.

My apologies, I read it that there were two lanes. If you were both in the same lane, then the cop really should have read your moves, and not undertaken you, and it could be argued he did not have right of way. That was a dangerous move. He could have assumed that you were breaking down though? If you stopped you would be wrong and possibly dangerous, if you slowed and kept moving, the cop was wrong (he possibly should have checked on you if you had an issue needing assistance).

incidentally, you are suggesting blame by the very title of the thread lol. The car driver caused the situation and is at ''fault''. The minibus could have generously corrected it on behalf of the car, but didnt, but more importantly, he did not have to. He is already driving for others (the passengers), he does not need to drive for other road users as well.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote