View Single Post
Old 21st October 2018, 09:10   #50
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
I think a bigger concern with electic vehicle is the isssue that should there be some massive power grid failure then everything comes to a grinding halt.
At least at the moment if the power goes out we are still able to get from one place to another.
In reality, in the future, he who controls power generation will have total control over the whole population and what they do, banking, their movement etc.
Not hard to see how easy it would be to bring civilization to a grinding halt!!!
And, as all our power stations are owned by foreign companies, we've sold the national grid to the Chinese and the latest plan is to import electricity from Norway & France by under-sea cables, we will be entirely reliant on foreigners for power.
In the seventies they used to talk about petrol running out in 20 years. We are well past that. Electricity has lots of problems as an alternative and it might be that we are actually going to go back to a Victorian style of life where we don't have cheap personal transport available to everyone. Perhaps this 100 years will be looked back on as brief a blip in thousands of years of walking everywhere.
Think I might invest in a horse....
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.

Last edited by SideValve; 21st October 2018 at 09:13..
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote