View Single Post
Old 27th January 2017, 18:12   #8
oldie
Loves to post

Connoisseur SE v8 auto '54

It was mine. Decent car, runs well, condition when I bought suggested it had been owned by a careless builder. It's now in better order. I put in the seats, good quality leather, good condition. Lovely colour especially in sunlight when it shimmers through a range of Green/Blue hues, although having a few predictable paint chips. Xenons, power-folds, self-levelling suspension, 160 re-map, sun-roof drains done, etc. Replacing the steering wheel and door cards was on the to-do list and but for having a yen to own a v8 I wouldn't have sold. It was a choice between the tourer or a v6 Contemporary to go. The v6 is a lovely balanced car to drive and has a sentimental attachment for me. I traded-in because had selling privately been my choice it would still be on my driveway and I wouldn't have chosen to sell. My more sensible other half rightly pointed out that three cars and a motor-home would probably be a little excessive. Regarding the tourer it's possibly a bit overpriced but maybe the trade think decent condition 75s are on the up. It's a fair car for it's age, has a high spec and maybe worth an offer. Might break down, might go on for ever; who knows.
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote