View Single Post
Old 13th June 2016, 09:55   #1
AndyJ180
Regular poster

MGZT-T

Default Possible fuel filter separation -advice needed

My ZTT180 shuddered to a halt recently. The revs started misbehaving and then it stalled. No amount of cranking would get it started again. 40 mins later the AA turned up and of course it fired up straight away - no problem. I was only a few hundred yards from home and had no further problems getting it back home and it has started fine since (though I have not taken it on a longer drive).

The AA chap was stumped, but my garage (inconveniently located about 50 miles away) reckon it is probably FFS. I should add at this stage it has done 100 miles since a hgf repair. I've had a go at getting to the filter assembly to check and I have the rear seat up, but before I go any further I've a couple of questions:

1. On reading around it seems to me that FFS stops the engine firing at all. Given mine will work (if necessary after a rest), can that be the cause?

2. I've not gone in to check because, whilst reading around the subject, it seems the advice is not to go any further if the tank is more than half full. Mine is 3/4 full. Any guidance?

3. I couldn't have gone any further in any case as I can't see how to remove the filter assembly. Again, can someone suggest how it is acutally released?

Thanks in advance! I should add - I'm a complete novice at this.
AndyJ180 is offline   Reply With Quote