View Single Post
Old 6th December 2019, 13:06   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
I would so like mine to work. Wouldn't know where to start looking for why it doesn't. Checked out the PCB with a magnifying glass, but couldn't see any cracks in the solder or other obvious faults. It doesn't do anything at all - just dead metal. In the recent frosty weather, I took a small gas heater out and sat it on the seat for 10 minutes while I ran the engine up to temperature and had another cup of tea before the morning commute. Had to take the gas heater in the house on a night - frost reduces the butane pressure badly.
Devilish or frenchmike can check and repair the PCB if faulty.

There are two models. No matter which one you have I would add an earth wire to the largest plug that fits the webasto. This will allow you to manually force the fbh to start. The pin used to earth I think differs on the two models, hopefully someone else will advise.

various tests you can do

flash 12v across the dozing pump to listen to see if it pumps, it is an on off pulsing pump so each dab of 12v gets just 1 click.

apply 12v across the plug for the fan see if that works, there are 3 plugs at the top back of the fbh, I think the fan is the middle.

apply 12v to the water pump, listen to hear if this pumps. the pump I'm sure is polarity conscious

test the resistance of the glow plug, this is the plug with white and blue wires.

resistance must be 0.5 ohm or less. if grater it's duff

once all these tests completed and you have checked fuse 8 in the engine bay fuse box then once all is reassembled earth the FBH. using a stop watch time what you hear, what starts, what stops etc.

Come back with your results and we can help further. The is a list of what is wrong or possibly wrong depending on time when this or that stops.

the pcb could be "locked out" due to something else being wrong

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote