Old 7th December 2019, 09:02   #10
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

[QUOTE=bl52krz;2780111]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
I can recommend Next base camera’s. I have one in the front, and one in the back window. On both speed, position (latitude/longitude/time and speed are all recorded. You can leave it in your car and use the motion sensor. If anyone hits your car the camera comes on and records anything around it. Also if you see an accident you can press a button and it records what happened for I think it is 10 seconds before you pressed the button( because it has already recoded it) and you can not erase it, it is in the safe section.,. You can read the numberplate of other cars if you pause while watching the recorded events. From my info, a lot will not give you a clear view of the letters and numbers on the plate.
Here is a link to the Nextbase section of dash cam talk forum https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/nextbase.233/ where it discusses the plus and minus, innovations and the support for the brand. I discovered from Canonite, that the Nextbase cams do not have the image stability I need, for driving off road in Africa, where it is a useful feature. Apart from that Nextbase brand looks like its a top quality product. For the Rover 75 in the UK, I bought a cheap Chinese dash camera called a C11 for £25. Easily removed and small enough not be seen from outside of the car. With over 120 brands of dash cameras on the market, hopefully the OP will find what he is looking for.

From visiting the reviews on YouTube, some folks have more than one dash cam for the front and rear, there are also side view cameras.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 7th December 2019 at 12:28..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote