Thread: EU vote?
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2016, 22:37   #117
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

All the scare story's you read about how our economy will go into a huge decline makes me laugh. Unemployment will go through the roof. Food and energy prices will rise as well as inflation. If we were to vote out of the EU tonight for argument's sake ,the scare mongers are making these dire predictions based on that we will have all ties severed with the EU by the next morning. It will take years for us, after an out vote for us to be completely free from the EU. Business will have plenty of time to adapt to the changing market. The scare mongers make out, it will be like a light switch being turned off and the shock of instant change will send shock waves throughout our industry. In reality it will be a slow progressive change. I really am undecided which way to vote. There are so many different angles on this to take into consideration. I do think though if the country does decide to stay in we will never get the opportunity again to get out in the future. If another referendum where to come around in 20 years time our country would have so many EU citizens registered as British subjects the vote for out would be in a huge minority because it's obvious they would vote to stay in. 80% of the staff where I work are from Europe. There's got to around 250 polish / Bulgarians there. On a personal basis there all good decent hard working individuals who just want to earn a decent living and provide for there family's. I get invited around to BBQs and enjoy a good social life with a lot of them but it does beg the question on how much of a strain it all puts on our health service and housing. Rental prices have gone through the roof because it's in such high demand. It's also ironic to see that a lot of the Polish workers do not like the Bulgarians workers where I work because they feel they are taking there jobs. One other thing that makes me feel I would vote for out. I have seen it happen so many times at work over the years You will have a European guy working over here who will go back home to visit his wife. 8 months later she decides to come and stay in the UK with her fella and is heavily pregnant from when he last visited her. She has the baby here then goes back home. Because the baby is a UK citizen she's now entitled to claim for UK child benefit back in her home country. This happens all the while and the amount of money going out of our country each week in benefits must be mind boggling.
The world's gone mad. :-))
I'm think I'd better hide behind the sofa now with my tin hat on :-)