View Single Post
Old 29th May 2016, 22:20   #115
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
....so where's the economic plan post BREXIT then

Good question, but equally, where's the economic plan post remain? There isn't one is there, because in reality we don't know what's going to happen in the future.
Of course the economy will probably suffer for a short time. Maybe up to two years did someone say? Well l would be inclined to agree with that, because it will take two years to negotiate our way out.
The Remain campaign likes to rubbish the 350bn figure quoted by Brexit, but I have yet to find an alternative one that is backed up by some facts, and even though we have never actually handed over that amount, I understand it is near enough the actual top line figure. The initial rebate is voluntary, so no reason to believe it will continue in the future. Approximately half is paid back in grants, mostly to farmers, but we have no say in the allocation. It's a bit like you giving me you pay cheque, and leaving me to pay your bills and do your shopping. I might decide you should have a new BMW, whilst the bank were busy placing an eviction notice on your house.
If the government are so certain we will face economic disaster should we leave, why are having a referendum in the first place? Are we to believe that Dave deliberately placed this countries economy at risk? Isn't it because the Tories have a split in their party, and at the same time they are loosing votes to UKIP? So in other words, public money is being used to shore up a rift in the Tory party.
If the government have a right to campaign, why is it wrong for the BBC to have a political bias? Why is it considered necessary to have a electoral commission? What is the point of said commission setting and authorising who can campaign, and what they can spend?
There's not much point in any of that, if the government are going to run there own campaign alongside the official campaign teams, and especially if they are using the public purse to do so and thereby ignoring the electoral commission rules.
By acting in this way, it will make little difference what the outcome of the poll is. The loosing side will always believe they have been cheated, which is exactly why the Scottish people are still shouting for another poll, and why those that backed the union before are so terrified that there might be another, because there is no guarantee who might win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk