View Single Post
Old 29th May 2016, 21:49   #113
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
There's questions over say the right to live and work, either uk citizens to live in the eu or eu citizens to live here. When coming to that sort of thing it's always a bit tricky
Jimbo, see post 79 (mine).

I'm assuming most of us might not want to emigrate to EU once UK starts going it's own way. After all £18 billion a year extra will help a lot with NHS, Housing etc. That's not a guess, that's the figures now, without any guesstimate fairyland increase for inflation. That's only Boris's 350 million a week, including the rebates and discount, that we can add together to make it worthwhile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
The eu comissioners don't produce the laws, they can propose them. But the actual creation iirc is up to European parliament.

HTH
The commissioners make up the law, they decide what is wanted or desired from the point of view of the guiding principles of the union. They pass the draughts to the assembly for voting on by the MEP's. The council then approve the law they have deigned to offer. The commissioners are not elected, they are appointed by the assembly. The MEP's are not voting for the Council. they are approving what the council do. Dissent is very rare diminishing to never.

Last edited by Dragrad; 31st May 2016 at 23:41.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)