View Single Post
Old 15th March 2019, 19:29   #145349
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Evening all - I've got some broadband, so I thought I'd use it to pop into the LCOZ.
We're still 'basking' in the blue skies and wall to wall sunshine that we've had all week (with a bit of a wobbler on Tuesday) at Scarborough. The wind is strong and gusty, and varies between cold and flamin' freezin' - but what the 'eck - it's still only mid-March. We've been very lucky when I see at what other parts of the UK have suffered.
Yesterday we had a trip into Whitby, and sampled a new supplier of gluten-free fish'n'chips - Robertsons, next door to the toy shop on the left over the swing bridge. Definitely now on my list of high quality and 'safe' places to eat - highly recommended. Two cod and chips, mushy peas and a cup of char cost £21.60 for the pair of us. If we'd gone into the better known Magpie Café, the same would have cost nearer £30
Today we were going to have a wander along Scarborough seafront, but the wind was blowing clouds of sand into your face, so we opted out and went to Nunnington Hall, a local National Trust stately home. There, I managed to get my chops around a Yorkshire Cream Tea, whilst SWMBO had the largest piece of GF coffee cake I've ever seen. The weather forecast for Saturday is pretty foul, so we've stocked up with a bit of grub so we don't need to leave the cottage if it is a wet day. Tonight, we thought it was time to eat up some of the odds and ends of food, to save taking them home on Sunday, so we've each just had 2 pork and leek sausages, three rashers of bacon, a load of mushrooms, a fried egg and some baked beans - washed down by a bottle of Henry Westons' 2017 Vintage cider (SWMBO had to put up with some rosé wine). We finished off with a banana and some neapolitan ice cream. I thought it best to eat a substantial amount tonight, in case the bad weather settles in tomorrow and we have to live on our fat reserves for a few hours

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !

Last edited by reworht; 15th March 2019 at 19:31..
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote