View Single Post
Old 16th February 2013, 07:31   #79
Anthony & Maricel
This is my second home

Rover 75 Connoisseur 1.8L pre production S573 AOX Vin 001493 Feb 1999

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Sometimes when I am looking for the forum on the Internet this club comes up with a sub title describing how the club gives an account of the restoration of what is possibly the earliest example of a Rover 75.

I think that it is the attention that has been drawn to it by the forum which makes members want to report it's whereabouts when it has been spotted. No one is wanting to pry into your private driving habits but I can understand how you would feel given the comments made by certain fellow members. Well, that's my take on it.

Of course if it was to go on an official tour of the UK or to some of the meets then an itinerary would be the way to go so that members could drive to see it, even if it was not up to scratch.

As Anthony has already said these old cars require a great deal of care, money, patience and time. I agree.

I am glad to see Christopher that you and the guys who had helped with parts and engineering, have managed to get the old gal back on the road. Perhaps you can tell us how she drives? Thanks for letting us know what further work is needed.

Clearly the restoration continues.

Last year I spent thousands on my S reg when others would have scrapped or broken it up and this year some more will be spent on it. She looks quite ordinary unlike the later higher spec cars. Such is the preserve of owning an early S reg.
I agree with what you said there Philip, I spent nearly 2k myself on keeping my S Reg on the road last year after 3 separate unrelated things went wrong with it. And yes Christopher driving these cars is what it is all about, so if the car is spotted by a fellow member that is a good thing.

That is something you will have to get use to, since you own such a super star of a car.
Anthony & Maricel is offline   Reply With Quote