View Single Post
Old 5th July 2015, 16:09   #1
pcully
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Two Speed Fan Inoperative

I know that this question has been asked many times and in many different ways but there would appear to be many answers!

This is the situation on a 2004 CDTi with 101195.on the clock.

I have no fan operation at all and looking through the front I have a gold resistor at approx. two o’clock so we are looking at a two speed fan that has had the resistor upgrade.

With AC off all is well but eventually we do get the temperature gauge to nine o’clock if waiting for car parks or the usual slow city driving but as yet it has not risen beyond this and county driving is no problem but the fan is still not working.

With AC turned on the engine temperature rises quicker and I get erratic running (as someone else said it’s almost like someone is tapping the accelerator pedal) at low revs and even up to 15000 that becomes more pronounced as the temperature rises but again we do not seem to be exceeding the nine o’clock threshold as fare as engine temperature is concerned but engine fan is still not running.

As the fan /temperature control is so linked in with other parameters within the engine could it be that one of these is not releasing the fan command for some reason or another.

What I don’t want to do is get my garage to take the front off the car (probably £200) only to find that the AC needs regassing and that’s it.

Has anyone had these symptoms exactly or is it just so vague regarding the fan etc. that it could be anything?

Peter

Last edited by pcully; 5th July 2015 at 16:11..
pcully is offline   Reply With Quote