View Single Post
Old 17th March 2020, 08:03   #8
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Yes, diarrhoea can be a symptom but not necessarily inevitable. Lady doctor in our walking rugby group posted about it on our What'sapp group last night (and she's been through bird flu, SERS, MERS and 30 years of seasonal flu). Take care, heed all the professional advice and ignore 98% of any social media twaddle - and don't panic buy; I went to our local 24 hr. Tesco supermarket at 7am today (found out they are now closed overnight, open at 6am) and in the car park spotted two women stuffing their 4x4 with many many bulging bags including at least 4/5 giant loo roll packs that I could see. There were queues at the checkouts with most trolleys containing loo roll packs of various sizes. On reaching the toiletries aisles all I could see were empty pallets!!!

NB 1957/58 Asian flu aka avian flu H2N2 origiated south China. Infected +9 million in UK (resulting 14 000 UK mortalities from 2-3 million world wide...), big difference no social media in those days, no empty shelves/panic rumour mill. Covid-19 eventually 'may' be more deadly but no evidence of that based on present data.

Last edited by rab60bit; 17th March 2020 at 08:59..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote