View Single Post
Old 11th May 2017, 16:42   #1
JORDING

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Finally finished my launch spec 75

Hi everybody,

I was busy trawling ebay one day and came across a very nondescript rear view image of a 75. For some reason i clicked the ad and i fell in love, the car is fully loaded with every option except for the H/K sound system, it has only covered 53000 miles and had belts and thermostat done last year. After a few days bidding i was the proud new owner. I then went to view the car and pay, upon arrival the car was looking a little sorry for itself, the front end seemed to have been used as a dodgem previously, the serpents were ROUGH, covered in heavy corrosion and been painted over with a brush. Poor repairs had been carried out on minor scratches and rather than being left were tended to with a rattle can so there was over spray all over. I did haggle a little as the sat nav disc drive was missing in the boot and the fan was not kicking in so we agreed a price and i was the proud owner of this rough diamond.

The first thing i did was get it booked in for an oil and filter change, auto box oil and replace the fan brushes. After all this the car (i felt) was mechanically sound and runs beautifully.

I then removed the front bumper and got that resprayed, all the serpents were also removed and sent to be blasted and powder coated.

After all this it was my turn to crack on with the paint correction and get the Neptune interior looking like new again. After all this work she is finally done and she can stand proud once again, i say that but as soon as i was finished she snapped a front spring! The joys of owning a Rover!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75-1.jpg (107.2 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg 75-2.jpg (101.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 75-3.jpg (104.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 75-4.jpg (99.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 75-5.jpg (80.9 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 75-6.jpg (85.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 75-7.jpg (75.2 KB, 98 views)
JORDING is offline   Reply With Quote