View Single Post
Old 6th August 2019, 14:38   #399
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Ouch!..............................

....................................... wet step plus smooth soled shoes = a slip too far. Quite ironic as well as I had just come back from the solicitors about my new will. Circumstances forced me to make out a new will.

So now on painkillers, and I hate them. I have to be really ill to take them, but I can barely move. Even reaching for the single malt is painful. Lifting the kettle is perishing painful as well. But I’ll survive. Been doing well really as I have not slipped like this since the last time in Essex. Which forced me to move down here.

Been here two months now. The garden is almost finished. Got the two ponds filled in, new plants in plus a clematis, “Golden Guinea”. Going to plant another one as soon as I can get a garden arch installed by the gate. Plus once most of the flowers have died off I’m going to cut the tree down by the garage as there are climbing frames behind. Then more clematis can go in.

Rick and Deanna arrived on Saturday at 6pm, they left home in Essex at 08.15 in the morning. Getting to the coach station in Victoria took them nearly two hours, 2 trains. Then once on the coach all was going well till they hit the M5 at Bristol. Had been a nasty accident and with two lanes closed. Still Rick kept me updated on there progress.
Could not have timed it better when, as I went to collect them for as I turned the corner at the end of Fore Street there was the coach waiting at the traffic lights. Rick and Deanna heard the Bear before they saw her.

Got them settled into the house. I had made up the spare bed, sits under my single bed and just slides out. I was sleeping in the spare room on my fold up Z bed.
Allen and Val came round and I introduced everyone. We was off to dinner at Louis tea rooms at Kit Hill near Callington. I asked Rick which car he would like to with. His insurance on Redfive did not start till Sunday so he was unable to drive her. So Redfive it was with me driving. We led the Jazzy there.

Lovely meal plus a dessert. Chatted away. Then time was getting on, Deanna was getting very tired. Been a long day for the two of them. So with a Redfive leading home we went. Parted company with Jazzy at the end of my turning. Home and with a Redfive parked up in front of Banana it was time to turn in. But one last job was to sort the V5 out and for Rick to pay me.

With that they turned in. I stayed up a bit longer just to give them time to settle.
Then I turned in as well, after a wee malt.
Sunday saw me up at 6am. Showered and dressed. Then out to throw some water over Banana. Redfive I had washed n polished on Saturday.
With the kids out of bed and ready to rock n roll to Kernow Mill to meet the rest of the team.
Seemed strange to see a Redfive in my rear view mirrors.

After the show Rick and Deanna were not coming back home with me but heading back to Devon, staying over in a hotel before returning to Essex on Monday, with Deanna having a drive of Redfive.
Home seemed quiet with out my visitors. They were the first people to stay with me since Emma and her Mum from last August.
Nice to have bit of company but I love my own space. Got used to living on my own now.
I was asked a few weeks back if I had thought about getting re-married. Think as I have lived on my own for such a long time, I have got set in my ways. Will take a lot to get me out of the bad habits I have got into. Not all really bad but you know what I mean.

Oh! No going back to falling or slipping anymore. Will take it easy now. I have learnt a very painful lesson today.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 6th August 2019 at 14:39.. Reason: Spellin’
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote