View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2019, 12:08   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeburymike View Post
By the way, I would be happy to include my special tensioner tool in a pool that could be hired for the odd job if anyone is interested in having a special tool library!

I'm not clear on what issue you are having with the tensioner, so ignoring that. Basically you fit the spanner and push it towards the rear of the car from underneath, or pull it towards the front of the car if the spanner is used from above. It takes a fair bit of pull, to get it to move against its spring, so the spanner needs to be long for the leverage and it is handy to be able to lash the spanner under tension.

I think the idea of a special tools library has been suggested a few times. There wasn't a lot of enthusiasm for it, because tools tend to go missing. A shame really, because many of these special tools are the type of thing which are expensive and would likely only be needed by the buyer just the once, if they are only looking after their own car.

The other problem, is simply the cost of postage is so expensive, just getting my home made spanner out and back wouldn't leave much change from £10.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote