View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2019, 21:59   #1
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Default Who remembers the Atlantic blue launch cars ?

I realised the other day that when 'launch cars' are mentioned, we always talk about the Wedgewood blue V6's Connoisseurs with the Neptune interior & loaded with all the extras.

Now, not everyone will know this, but there was also a second, lower spec example to show perspective customers...

Working at a main dealer (Dales at Redruth) when the 75 was launched, I'd forgotten but most garages were also given a 1.8 Club in Atlantic blue with Sandstone cloth interior. I don't remember it having any extras so was a standard spec car, designed to show what you could get if your budget wouldn't stretch to a more premium version

Do any of these examples still exist ? They would certainly be deemed less desirable than the full spec V6 launch cars, and possibly more will have been scrapped due to the common 4-cylinder head gasket failure.

They'd likely be on a T or V registration and could well have been initially registered to a dealer (as a demonstrator). Any remaining examples will certainly be low chassis numbers.

A very important piece of 75 history - do you own one....???