View Single Post
Old 7th November 2018, 15:29   #8
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool You can only hit your nose on the steering wheel..................

.............................................. So many times before your brain registers that you are driving an automatic and not a manual. If "Grovey" had a third pedal it could be used to power the screen washers or maybe dip the headlights. Still I suppose those are ideas from the past will never catch on.

Still we have arrived at the hotel in Balsall Common. From the time I left Saltash at Noon till I got here at 4pm it rained, and I mean RAINED. Bouts of heavy intermingled with torrential. But "Grovey" took it all in her stride and got me here safely.

What is it with these built in satnav's, I was doing ok till the thing brought me off of the M42 too early, then we travelled down narrow country lanes, not as bad as the Cornish ones, no grass growing in the middle of the road here, far too posh going by some of the properties we passed. But at least we are here.
"Grovey" is parked at the back of the hotel and grabbing 40 winks. Very nice Wolsley Hornet parked out front. Will get a photo before it gets too dark.

Nose bag time is 6pm for me this evening. Fancy a nice bit of Sexton Blake. And a non-alcoholic drink, yes that's right non-alcoholic. Not touched a drop for 6 weeks now. Just not been in the mood for a beer or even a malt. Must be ill.
Still I expect I'll get back in the groove this weekend, slowly though.

Never saw a single 75 or a ZT, unless they were hidden in all the spray.

233,625. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote