View Single Post
Old 20th February 2020, 01:59   #8
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknon View Post
I just got a second-hand set from a wrecker (I think you call them breakers in the UK).

The pipes that go into the cam box are 12mm outside, about 9.5mm inside. It's the outer dimension that matters,

The pipe going to the air box has a small adapter in it, outer dimension is 9mm, inner is 6mm.

Edwin,
Melbourne, Australia
Here you go Edwin, the RS part number for the tee piece is 795-427......LINK

You boil the kettle, and fill an old mug with boiling water and allow the end containing the broken leg of the tee to soak for a minute or two which softens the black nylon pipe.

Now carefully squeeze the pipe with pliers, which will collapse the much more brittle remnant of the tee.

Repeat with the other two pipes, then when you have them all clean and blockage free, boil the kettle again, make yourself a cuppa, and fill the old mug with boiling water once more and immerse the ends of the three pipes again for a couple of minutes, you will now be able to insert the new TS10 tee into the softened black pipe, and once it cools it will be as good as new

I've never ever had an issue with repairing the KV6 breather in this fashion, and it's a sight cheaper than replacing the whole shoot

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote