View Single Post
Old 28th January 2020, 03:13   #10709
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

My ZT has been taunting me.
For the past few weeks I have been getting a bulb failure warning. Not for the burned out fog light which has been reliably burned out for a month, but every week or so the warning would come on the dash telling me that the sidelight was burned out...Then a day or so later the bulb would come back on and the warning would go away.
Last week the warning was on all week. No messing around, I decided to change both the fog light bulb and the sidelight bulb on Sunday. Sure enough, on Saturday the bulb came back on and the warning went off.
I changed the fog light bulb and joked to my wife that the warning would come back on Monday morning when I went to drive the car to work.
Sure enough it did.
I went down to the garage and changed the rotten thing in 10 minutes before dinner. Luckily I have a flex hose on the intake replacing the rotten old Shannon tube so I was able to move the filter box aside just enough to get my hand in to get at the bulb. Job done.
I wonder if it the warning light will be on tomorrow morning.-Evil car.
I sure love it!