View Single Post
Old 25th January 2020, 20:21   #10705
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Experienced the latest weirdness in the poor running saga.
Lately the revs haven't been quite dropping away like they should when coasting (sitting around 1200rpm rather than 900-1000rpm like they should). Also had the issue of a 'hitch' at around 1500rpm when blipping the throttle, and sometimes any slight blip of the throttle resulting it going up to 2000rpm before coming back down.

So off I goes searching for a manifold leak - nothing found. Disconnected the TPS to see if that helped (I've done multiple position resets over the last week with no effect), and again no difference.

This is where it gets really weird though, I pulled one of the breathers off to see how it coped with a big vacuum leak and instead of the idle increasing to 2000rpm like I expected, it chopped abruptly between 2500rpm and 2000rpm for around 20 seconds before sitting at 4000rpm.
Looking back, I've experienced the 'chopping' before when holding the idle up when cold to stop it from stalling, but it was fully warm this time.

No idea where to even start, getting sick of chasing my tail trying to get this to run right!
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote