View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2020, 20:09   #11491
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblo_Boy View Post
They are fitting items I bought from DMGR here, to get rid of my MOT advisories:

Nearside Front Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Rear Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement trailing arm bushes [both] (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Offside Front Play in steering rack inner joint(s) ()

So, 3 bushes and something on the steering rack. Seems very little for £200 of labour, but I understand fitting them involves quite a bit of work (or so they tell me...) I showed them the parts, they looked to see where to fit them...

Co-incidentally, they had a small part delivered to the garage during their inspection, costing £53. Garage owner was not happy at the price, immediately 'phoned the supplier for a discount, and then sourced something 'similar' for £10...so I'm pretty sure the parts I have sourced are as fit for the job as anything they might have bought for me!
Well if it's the front track control arm rear bushes, then it's around an hour for both sides, the track rod replacement will require the car to be tracked up after fitting, so not a bad price in all honesty.

As to the parts, i wouldn't fit the ones you supplied me with, irrespective of where they were bought, and in the case of two of the particular parts you have purchased, especially so

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote