View Single Post
Old 1st November 2021, 14:05   #135
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
I’ve just had a look and the charge is the same but different Euro emissions standards apply to petrol and Diesel engines. It’s all part of the master plan to force us to keep the automotive industry profitable by buying hybrid or electric vehicles.

As the OP says, the zone is being extended in London to the north and south circular roads. How long before other cities follow suit? Will London further extend to the M25 (rhetorical question)?

Simon
I do feel very sorry for those living and working within a stone's throw of those great mobile car parks around the metropolis. However, we regretfully elect these policy-making morons, or not, then sit back and watch them impose all kinds of rules and regulations which in the short term appear to be a good idea, but who knows?.

What is the projected income to London from the taxes proposed , annually and where is this money going to be spent?, health, road improvements, tackling climate change, other important social issues, or a new aircraft carrier?.

It's a tough decision and frankly unfair, if the government wants drivers to help improve the environment then they should incentivise us to purchase affordable electric cars, talk to the manufacturers.

Last edited by grivas; 1st November 2021 at 14:06.. Reason: spelling
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote