View Single Post
Old 20th April 2019, 19:41   #36
EdgarDonaldBalls
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi XPower Grey

I have tested the stereo and it all works well although the iGo sat nav software asks for it's sdcard when I run it. I installed Navmii anyway since I have been using that on my phone for years and I know it works well enough.

I'm surprised it can connect to my wifi from where i'm parked although it does lose connection sometimes, it's good enough for the odd download and updates.

I think I'm going to have to make some kind of bracket to keep the unit in place, It doesn't seem like my usual cable tie and duct tape approach is going to be effective.

I'm having trouble identifying my steering wheel controls, I found a big black box hidden behind the dash that looks like it should be bolted to something, I think this is the IR transmitter. I have also found a small black connector with, I think, 5 wires and this seems to have the correct coloured wires for the steering wheel controls.

I may leave the steering wheel controls for now, I will probably need a multimeter to find the correct wires.
Born Friday, 9th April 2004 @ 09:54:49
This vehicle was the 14,388th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 2,491st ZT CDTi + (135) to be made out of 4,184
This vehicle was the 2,113th ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
EdgarDonaldBalls is offline   Reply With Quote