View Single Post
Old 19th February 2019, 14:17   #15
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

In my local boozer one Saturday night a young lady and her boyfriend were in the other room and the lady was crying. They were on their way back from a wedding near Stratford on Avon and their car broke down. They lived in Hull and had no breakdown cover.
At home their dog had just given birth to some puppies in the kitchen but no neighbours had a key to pop in and see what was going on.
I had a little Vauxhall Nova all spruced up ready for sale in a garage next door so I kindly offered them the car to drive back to Hull and sort things out and to come on the Monday which was a bank holiday. They gave me their name and address and off they went.
They turned up on the Monday dinner time, 2 hours late, car covered in NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-, less fuel than when they were given it and gave me the keys said thanks and away they went.
£10 lees in fuel, £10 to have the car valeted at the local car wash and the risk of a speeding ticket coming in the post.
I just think that if it was my sister or someone I knew that was in the mire someone would do the same to a stranger in need.
Trikey and Marinabrian have done me more than enough for no payment over the years so maybe Ive been repaid!
coab is offline   Reply With Quote