View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2018, 15:54   #39
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz View Post
Sent my VIS motors off to Stocktake on here who sent them back to me with new uprated PCB circuit boards , switches and motors. And I replaced my inlet manifold with a good working unit from an 1999 R75.

The Arm that opens the butterfly's in the inlet on mine had completely detached and was loose rattling around in the inlet manifold.

If you have had your VIS motors off, you would have seen if yours was okay or not.
Quite right. I should have had a sneaky peak inside the IM.

But I assume that it's all right for the engine drives very well, with neither abnormal consumption nor any rattle anywhere.

I would have been delighted to ask Stocktake to correct the older VIS motors I'm still keeping aside but the postage fees - often doubling the item or service price - & the endless waiting - often a week or much more - are appalling with the continent.

Regarding the cleansing of the system, I use ethanol whose cleaning properties are well known (but no damage at all like some trolls are pretending) and I've added a bottle of Chevron Techron concentrate plus to get rid of all the possible deposits & protect the entire fuel system.

http://www.hcdmag.com/best-fuel-injector-cleaner/
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote