View Single Post
Old 26th May 2020, 00:32   #11
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I'm gradually making progress under the bonnet.
I've got the splash panel done and that came up nice using degreaser with a toothbrush followed by cut polish and a spray detailer.
I started working on the suspension turrets using the same products but found the degreaser takes the paint off. Seems it was never clear-coated. I may have to clean them up and repaint them, or if I can save enough of the paint I may just give them a coat of clear.
I still haven't attempted the underside of the bonnet but am gradually working my way up to it. I'm hoping that I don't run into the same paint issue.
WD40 may be a solution. I have used another penetrating lubricant (Tri-Flow) at work for cleaning hydraulic door closer fluid off doors and it does a good job.
I see some of the show 75/ZTs like Rich-Sta's and am hoping I can get mine to look half as good!

I'm going to have to clean up the coolant reservoir as well!.........…........................……………...The wipe-off paint...………………………………………………………………………………...Upcoming Project

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 26th May 2020 at 02:37..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote