View Single Post
Old 27th October 2019, 23:28   #163
robeire
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourer 131bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
As above, if you haven't checked the plenum since that last bout of heavy rain across the UK then do so, ASAP.

Despite having had a recent full service by my regular mech - who knows to check the plenum drains - only a month or so ago. I've just found 1/2 an inch of water in the bottom of the plenum. I only checked as every time I've put the A/C on recently I've been getting a slightly off smell for the first 20 to 30 seconds of cold air before it clears, I had wondered weather the pollen filter had gotten damp: it looks like it must have got wet at the bottom. Evidently those last heavy rains had managed to wash some debris down to block the drain and start filling the plenum. I'm glad I checked it now.

The following links to the 'Spyhole mod' how to (I really should get around to doing this).

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=100130

Maybe another member who know a good link can link to an explanation/how-to for how to check/drain the plenum?
when changing the cabin filter gently lift back the ecu and clear the the plenum. this is the lat chance saloon ....
mine was blocked ,so in effect plenum 1 gets blocked this is your last resort , i cleaned it out with a clothes hanger and a small tip power washer .
hope this helps .

rob