Thread: Spider Bite
View Single Post
Old 6th June 2020, 07:43   #24
Gazmo65
Loves to post

Volvo S80

My oldest lad was bit on the leg by a false widow at work a couple of years ago, it took about 10 days to settle and was quite uncomfortable. I m of the Hoover or hammer brigade when it comes to spiders, about 15 years ago we lived in a thatched cottage and would always have problems with mice and occasionally rats, one evening in the middle of winter we had the open fire burning away whilst watching TV and out of the corner of my eye something moved on the rug, I kept watching and seen it again. At first I thought it was a mouse but on closer inspection it was a huge spider, straight away i picked up a video cassette in its case ( yes I know but it was 15 years ago and we still used them ) and dropped it on to the spider, NAUGHTY WORD me the case pinned it down but was at a 45°(exaggeration) angle so i picked up the companion set shovel from the fireplace and as soon as I lifted the video case the NAUGHTY WORD shot off with me after it , 2 swipes later and it was no more, never seen a spider as big before or since then and I've been around a lot of barns on a farm my lad worked on.
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote