Thread: Misfire but...
View Single Post
Old 8th December 2006, 18:39   #6
lildevil
Avid contributor

Lexus IS200 (Previously - Rover 75 Saloon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hi Tom, if the abs lamp is on, it will fail the MOT, yes.

If the coil pack was disconnected and reconnecting it resolved it temporarily, I take it you have disconnected and reconnected it?
If you have a shot engine mount then you will get a shudder, yes so maybe this is the cause of some of your problem. Driving a car with a shot engine mount will damage other things after a while. I know it sounds stupid but could you post a sound clip of the engine revving up? We may be able to tell if it is misfiring.
Hi

Thanks for the info that is what I was afraid of the ABS sensor failling the mot. I know we need MOTs but just because a ABS light is on and it failling the MOT because of that is stupid, how about the cars without ABS they don't failt their MOTs because they don't have ABS. Well thats that rant over.

The coil packs were changed by another garage (very unreliable garage) in Maidstone, I am not allowed to name the garage due to legal reasons, and shortly after the car lost all power I didn't think anything of it because I just thought it was the misfire however when Oil was changed the mechanic picked up the misfire and showed us the connection on the coil pack was off. Power instantly returned to the car and the misfire was temporally gone. However shortly after it came back just as I was driving up the road from the garage as I said before.

What sort of damage can a shot engine mount do?

Christmas and all I just haven't got the money this car needs spending on it but need to drive it and know that it is my fault for not getting it regulary serviced, basically it is waited to die. But I would still like some ideas about what I can try to resolve the misfire.

I will try and get a recording of the engine revving up, however cannot tell you when this will be.

Regards
Tom
lildevil is offline   Reply With Quote