Thread: Coolant loss
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2019, 22:03   #46
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Noticed an issue yesterday, plugged in my obd2 diagnose plug and ran a scan with torque, it came up with P0306 misfire cylinder 6 as current fault, deleted it, reappeared, deleted it again, took the car for a spin and it did not appear again ever since. The thing is that even though it was saying it has a current misfire, I couldn't hear neither a single different engine noise nor something similar that indicates something's wrong, exhaust sound is also clean as before and not indicating a misfire. One thing to notice though is that after I removed the error, even if it didn't appear again, it happened to me that when I started the engine, the car was slightly fluctuating in rpm like up and down, and when it was down it was feeling like the engine is about to die, revved it up and then went to normal, also, another time later I started the car and just a sec after the engine shut itself off. For the last 2 days though, no issues. Is it possible that the misfire error was stored in the computer from the last time that I started the engine when working with the thermostat and having a piched o ring resulting in petrol spilled out through the injector? Maybe that's where the misfires happened since it was spitting petrol out. Anyways, it has to be something related to what I've done when installing the thermostat, because now there's not a single drop of petrol loss through the injectors or the rail...

Last edited by Rsnail; 25th May 2019 at 22:05..
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote