Thread: My two 75's
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2019, 20:55   #175
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Well I suppose this post will draw this thread to a conclusion as I no longer have two 75’s

Just a couple of weeks ago I sold my Zircon SE and it now lives in Cornwall.
Today I sold my remaining 75, the Wedgewood and following an MOT test it will be travelling to the Glasgow area.

I’ve owned a 75 since 2002 with three in all, first the Royal Blue Metallic 2.0 diesel Connoisseur then six years later added the Wedgewood 2.5 V6 Connoisseur.
In 2017 I purchased another 2.5 Connoisseur this time an SE with loads of extras
I’ve loved driving all of them and have commented several times that the 75 is a more comfortable car to sit in over a long journey than our Jaguar XF and our Mercedes CLS where although luxurious cars they lack the seating comfort of the 75.
Recently I’ve also sold my SD1 Vitesse and earlier this week I sold my Mini as last year I decided to run down my car collection and run one the missus with something special for myself.

That something special came in the shape of a Mercedes SL
I had always thought about a Triumph Stag to replace the Vitesse but with the SL it’s a bit more modern and one I’ve purchased is an exceptionally low mileage one with just 8k on the clock since 2004.

The 75 however will always remain as one of the best if not the best car I’ve owned to date.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote