Thread: ATC unit
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2019, 13:07   #6
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

I have one in one of mine.

Plus points:
- it looks better than the original unit, more up to date look to it. At first when I first saw these I wasn't so keen on the look, but after getting one and seeing it in person it's grown on me.

Negative points:
The buttons are a different size to the original unit, so if you have switches in the switch panel i.e. heated seats, cruise, powerblind etc the size of the switches no longer match. A bit of an OCD point but doesn't bother me.
- The temp reading button to switch it from oc to oF doesn't change it on the instrument cluster, whereas the factory one does
- It's not such a smooth refined unit. With the factory unit, when you change a setting such as fan speed or the direction of the airflow, it does it very gradually so you don't notice a sudden change in sound. Well on the MG7 unit when you change any of this, you can hear all the motors moving suddenly and can hear the fan blower speed change suddenly.
- these units don't work on the v8s.

The units do look a lot better in blue, done a green one before which also looked much better

How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote