Thread: Coolant loss
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2019, 19:27   #19
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Well last 2 weeks I noticed something strange, the coolant inside the reservoir was a little bubbly and looking in bad shape and like dirty since the system wasn't flushed and refilled for atleast since I owned the car, but now, went to check again to make sure the system has enough coolant, and noticed the mayo inside the reservoir, a lot of white "stains" and spots to see in the coolant inside the reservoir, which I've never had before, straight away checked the oil with the dipstick, it is correctly at level and not a single drop is contamined, neither white spots nor mayo on the dipstick and neither on the engine's oil cap. What could have caused this as I'm really freaked out right now... I know for sure now that the thermostat housing has packed up because the V is full with coolant, the thermostat arrived with a new housing and pipes, but my gut tells me that this isn't gonna fix the mayo issue and that this would be a "darker" problem...

Also, when replacing the intake manifold gaskets, haynes manual says cleaning the mating faces, what does this really involve and what would be the proper way of cleaning those?

Last edited by Rsnail; 13th May 2019 at 21:46..
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote