Thread: Holiday Posts
View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:32   #27
Rickoshea
Loves to post

Jaguar I Pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeso13 View Post
I have been visiting Thailand for the last 6 years spending between 4 and 6 weeks each time touring around the country on motorbikes.
Brilliant place to visit though just a tad dangerous place to ride a motorbike around.

Yes it has a tawdry reputation in certain parts of the country but once out of the flesh pot areas you would be hard pushed to find friendlier people or nicer country to visit.

I'm pushing 60 and I just love it.
If you like Thailand, I would recommend you try their neighbours. We have visited Burma, Cambodia (twice), Vietnam (twice) Laos (praised by Jeremy Clarkson in this week's Sunday Times!), Malaysia (3 times), Singapore (too many times to count). Further afield Hong Hong and wider China are also great adventures. Bali is a delight but it is rather an Australian Benidorm but inland is beauiful. We have "done" Thailand 4 times with the first two with the kids in the 1980s! We are around our mid 70s and feel the need to travel as far as I can for as long as I can. When we get too old for long haul flights I suspect we will take up cruising but hope that is 20 years away!