View Single Post
Old 29th August 2012, 21:09   #17
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Mk1, Rover 75 Mk2, MGZT-260 Rover 75 CDTI Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AURORA MG View Post
Most cars that are flooded are written off due to al the complex electrical systems & a full rewire would be too expensive along with engine and trim damage.

Was this one of the 2 cars hat Brown & Gammons had for sale in 2006 as they had 2 Damson Red V8's & I'm sure one or both were development cars.
I remember seeing them in their showroom.
The change of wiring looms in a V8 is the same as the change of looms in any 75, not that difficult a job, I know, I've done a few 75's now. The insurance company are wrong to cat B this car, it is in no way serious enough to warrant a destruction order, after all, that's what cat B is! Cat C would be acceptable, water damage can sometimes be a headache but really only when it is salt water, fresh isn't normally too bad. I bought a 75 Contemporary that the insurance company cat c'd because the Hi-line TV & radio tuners had got wet, how stupid is that!
Perhaps every time we leave our drivers door open and the e/w switch pack gets wet, we should have our cars declared a cat b!