View Single Post
Old 21st April 2019, 05:25   #19
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
PS The worst thing about modern French cars are the dealerships. I've heard many horror stories of poor service, dodging accountability and warranty claims, and charging the earth for spares and repairs. But I would happily buy a good second hand one, that someone else has suffered all the 'new car' pain with. My last Renault Cabriolet was still running beautifully at 140,000 miles. My big mistake was trading it in for a "reliable Audi diesel", which cost more in repairs in 2 years than the Renault had in the preceding 10!
The world of motoring claims are built on people’s stories often untrue or bits added to for affect. I owned Citroen cars for eighteen years and couldn’t fault the dealer in Forres. Parts guy Nick was brilliant as was Ian in service. The Renault dealer in Forres at the time had the same reputation. People’s experience with dealers is usually associated with an attitude that people have when they first go in. Seen it too many times with people thinking they know better than the staff do and it only gets worse

Last edited by Les4048; 21st April 2019 at 05:27..
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote