View Single Post
Old 12th December 2018, 19:26   #213
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1960 View Post
Makes interesting reading, still need to do my own mount at some point soon, how does the jag mount stack up against the others in terms of transmitted vibration ? I have heard really good things about the
Quote:
'Chinese copy', supposed to be as good if not better than the original oem unit??
I would like to get it right first time without either wasting money or having to get my hands dirty all over again.
Hi Darsie.
I could not agree with the outlined sentence above regarding the Chinese mount, if we could be sure that the original diesel mount with the letter T was just that, and not some made up compound which reflects it with a letter M now printed on it with a yellow dot then personally I think it is chalk & cheese put against the Chinese copy, which is from what I gather is one fits all no matter what part number they put against it.

Power flex is a good alternative if you use the original centre from the old damage original mount, it will certainly out last the Chinese mount.

As stated above I have recently fitted a Chinese mount and right away i could see stress on the rubber, after being on for the car for about 12 days i am starting to feel a slight thud when putting it into drive and or reverse, I can also feel when the auto box changes up or down, once i have chance i will be fitting a Jag mount but it will be with the bracket that as been modified so the mount does not foul the bracket, this will stop that little vibration /tapping noise which can occur.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 12th December 2018 at 19:31.. Reason: Spelling
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote