View Single Post
Old 20th February 2020, 22:13   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post
Any one else noticed the Rover 75/MG ZT cars dwindling on the roads lately? the last one i saw was on the Jan 10th 2020..... normally see a couple everyday, but over the past ten days, nothing past me at all..... aware they are getting old now, but these are fine machines....
are you seeing a drop off??
They are old, the newest ones are approaching 15 years now, they are not always necessarily loved or cherished, and can be tricky to source quality parts to maintain them, or otherwise.

Sometimes even when you have the equipment, tools and knowledge to repair them yourself, it does not always present itself as the best use of your time to do so.

A vehicle with an originally expected service life of six to eight years, they have done well to survive as long as they have, but they will become increasingly rarer sights on the road, as have many others that have gone before them.

I'm looking to replace my wife's car imminently, as it is rapidly becoming a maintenance liability, and I feel she deserves something a little nicer to drive as her daily.

My own ZT will be replaced shortly afterwards with something a little more practical as a workhorse, in all likelihood a VW Caddy van.

I'll hang onto one 75 as a sunny day and show car, but the days of running multiple R40 are for me, are soon to be behind me.

This comes from a diehard fan of the brand, and an enthusiast.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote