View Single Post
Old 7th May 2017, 09:29   #1
Pistonbroke666
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 1.8T, MG GS Exclusive

Default Volunteer wanted: 75/ZT 1.8T owner to visit Emerald (Norfolk)

Hi guys

I'm after a bit of help that will hopefully benefit anyone with a 75/ZT 1.8T that wants to move over to a fully integrated (including can bus!) plug and play aftermarket ECU.

Here's a little background to the ask...

I'm in the process of installing my forged K turbo engine (standard crank though) and the tuning capability of the standard MEMS3 ECU doesn't appear to be up to the task of 350+bhp.

As a result, I've been looking into ECU options - however, the biggest stumbling block is the can bus. To that end, I've been talking with the tech department at Emerald and have sent them a spare ECU to tinker with. From their investigations, it would appear that the can bus used is the same as a BMW E46 / Mini going by the minimal bench test he has been able to carry out.

They are quite confident that their K6 with can bus emerald ECU will work as a direct replacement to the MEMS3 ECU because they've already written the necessary code into their product for the E46/Mini. To be 100% sure, they would like to plug into a running 75/ZT 1.8T.

They won't need to tinker or change anything on the ECU, they simply need to take live readings.

My problem is, I don't have a running ZT/75 1.8T to pop with down with. With that in mind, would someone be so kind as to go on my behalf?

Their address is as follows:

Emerald M3D Limited
Unit 6 Norwich Rd Industrial Estate,
Watton,
Norfolk
IP25 6DR

Let me know if you've any questions and if you can help.

Cheers

James