View Single Post
Old 19th October 2018, 11:43   #16
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

The speakers will be a little different from what you are used to mostly due to the demand to make Tv's thinner and lighter. It probably has an auto volume feature to try and level the audio from tv ads as these are traditionally set at a higher volume than normal programmes to 'grab' your attention. You will also find the volume higher on HD channels over SD channels mostly to do with the higher bandwidth available.

Kodi is probably not available natively on your set however there is a range of plug in sticks that you can get relatively inexpensively that just need a free Hdmi port ...
http://www.datahardware.co.uk/other/...xoCa4wQAvD_BwE
I only use that as an example but i have no knowledge of the company so cannot specifically recommend you use them and there are lots out there so look around.

Enjoy your new set and i hope you can see the difference in quality especially watching the Hd channels
Btw go onto Youtube and search for "4k video" and you will find 1000's of hours of 4k demos that will show off what you new set is capable of (assuming your broadband is fast enough. 18 megs is normally fast enough to stream ok at full quality, sets will generally downgrade the image quality on youtube if your speed isn't sufficent and may start off a little fuzzy then snap into sharpness once it has checked what speed you have)

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT

Last edited by Rogue; 19th October 2018 at 11:50..
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote