View Single Post
Old 24th January 2020, 13:24   #9
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
This problem may be due to the connecting pipe from the front of the Klarius box being welded on at the wrong angle. I had this issue with a ZT version (i.e. straight tail pipes instead of downturned ones and larger bore pipe) of that same Klarius box last year. It was bought to connect to a brand new MGR NOS centre pipe I'd managed to source from an MG dealer (who'd had it in stock since 2005!) so I knew that the centre pipe was absolutely correctly positioned. My garage struggled but could not get the Klarius pipe to line up with the centre pipe and eventually worked out that it wasn't positioned correctly where it joined on to the box. I got a full refund from Euro Car Parts, and my garage managed to source a similar one that did fit OK.
Hmm. I'm not sure you had the same problem. You were trying to line up a Klarius part with an MGR part and the angles might not have matched.

On mine both parts are Klarius and the angle of the RR323V 's entry pipe matches the angle of the RR325Q's exit pipe - they line up together perfectly and the centre section is still in line with the tunnel.

I think the problem could be that Klarius used a car without a rear ARB as the model - so the hanger length is too short** for cars with a rear ARB.

(** Or the bend is too low down the rod.)

Last edited by Blink; 24th January 2020 at 13:34..
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote