Old 19th February 2024, 09:39   #4
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hello Dave,

It's rather complicated I'm afraid.

According to RAVE there will be differences depending upon whether the CD changer was factory-fitted or added as an accessory by the dealer. Apparently the CD changer was always an option, never standard.

Factory-fitted
An "overlay harness" is used. This has a 10 pin rectangular black connector (C1316) at the Harmony end. Only four terminals are wired and the colours are pink/black, yellow/black, black/pink and black/yellow. This connector fits into one of two rectangular ports on the 17 pin square-ish black connector (C1315) at the rear of the Harmony. Do you have this on your 2004 car?

At the CD changer end I have no physical details of the connector (C0941) but in addition to the wiring colours above there should also be black, white/red/yellow (K-bus) and purple/pink, so that's a total of seven connections.
Do you have these on one of the connectors you've photographed? I'm afraid I can't see clearly the number of terminals or the wiring colours from the thumbnail picture. Matt's photo is much better and may have the wiring colours I've given.

Dealer fitted
RAVE says "an additional link harness" was used which is "not covered by this manual".

Any help?

Simon
Most grateful to both of you. The CD changer (Alpine) has no connection into the back just the wires come out. Below are two more photos of the harness plug (top) and CD connector (below).

I can't see me being able to work this out - I'm OK on swabbing out EGRs - but auto electrics is beyond me, so whatever you suggest will probably mean a trip to a local expert if I can find one.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CD wiring pic 1.jpg (84.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg CD wiring pic 2.jpg (52.2 KB, 34 views)