View Single Post
Old 21st July 2019, 11:53   #147579
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Greetings fellow LCOZ-ites - 'tis a bit grey here - I suspect I'll be bringing the washing that I've just hung out, back in again before long.
I've been missing for a few days whilst continuing my role of nursemaid, gofer, cooker (ha! ha!), washer, dryer general factotum for SWMBO.
Our GP decided late Friday that Angela is suffering from labyrinthitis. The main treatment he gave us was home-based Vestibular rehabilitation therapy (VRT), specifically the Epley manoeuver, which involves her laying on the bed and doing various neck & head manipulation exercises (no comments please ). She is very slowly improving, in that the dizzy spells are less frequent and less severe, but she is still hanging onto things to help steady herself when she walks. The theory is that even if these exercises don't solve the problem, it will right itself in a couple of weeks anyway !!
Good afternoon Rod and Angela It looks as though you have a well informed GP who has prescribed the VRT method of helping resolve the problem. Let’s hope it works and gets Angela back on her feet.

Yesterday we drove the V6 non stop from London to Bristol. The car behaved impeccably with its new engine, everything worked, including the A/C, no rattles or knocks and the drive was smoother than before, with nice acceleration, as and when needed. Today I am having the car valeted, oil stains and bird poo removed from the body work

Catch you later

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 21st July 2019 at 11:55..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote