View Single Post
Old 4th June 2020, 15:25   #24
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

My nieghbour pointed out to me that some batteries can drain by themselves. Although I heard this before, I didn't take it into account in my tests.

So, I charged the battery yesterday, and have left it alone for at least 24 hours.
When I disconnected the charger yesterday, it said 12.45 volt.
I just went out to check, and the battery now gives 12.29 volt.
In the last 24 hours it has dropped 0.16 volts.

In the past (before it got worse) I had a flat battery after roughly 1 week of not driving. This would mean that the battery could've lost roughly (0.16 * 7) 1.12 volts. That would give me roughly 11.33 volts to start with.
Would that be an issue? Would that give me problems starting? (honestly don't know).

Add to the whole story a drainage of a minimum of 0.07 amps, and I might be in trouble? The thing I haven't been able to figure out, is what can be expected as a regular drain? I've read articles that say 0.04 is normal, and other say it can go as high as 0.1 amps with certain models.

I'm gonna leave the battery disconnected for another 24 hours. Then I'm gonna do some more testing with the fuses.