View Single Post
Old 15th August 2019, 09:50   #1
daveb57
Loves to post

Mercedes Benz E 350 Coupe Peugeot 407 SW 1.9 HDI

Default It's only worth scrap money mate!

Hi all.

At the 'crossroads' again with the ZT as regards what to! Few bits to sort, back plates all round, new disc's and pads for the front, brake fluid change to do, air con needs a recharge, in all fairness to that, 17 years owned and never done. Spent almost £500 on her the back end of last year. Couple of other bits and pieces that need doing as well. Got to the point where I don't want to fall into the money pit trap, so decided I would change. Big wrench it would be, but there must be life after MG ROVER!

Came across a nice MK 1 Focus 170, always quite fancied one of those when they 1st came out. Good Miles, good history and a good price, so went to have a look to purchase. Test drive threw up no faults that could be seen and was going to buy it. Had already mentioned I had a px during the original phone call, not asked what it was though at that point. When the guy asked what I wanted to px, the mention of the ZT did not go down well. Nobody want's them mate, worth nothing, better selling it yourself or I'll give you scrap money!

That basically concluded any further discussion on the Focus and left.

Money to be spent on the ZT now, will get her back to how she should be, and enjoy more of what the last 17 years has given me!

Regards,

Dave.
daveb57 is offline   Reply With Quote