View Single Post
Old 24th May 2019, 21:32   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I still think we should have an area where we can discuss anything, password for entry, passwords only given with age verification, it would save the mods so much time trying to moderate the rest of the forum.
what if we have a vote, sorry poll on it, with people campaigning for and against, each putting forward their ideas, as to why one is better than the other? Perhaps have the poll over a week, so all have a chance to vote, ooops add their name to it, on it and only one vote, damn my head, poll entry per ID

oh wait ................

Seriously though, I do think there could be a place for it. That way, if you didnt like it, or like the idea of it, you could see which forum it belonged to, and move on by not clicking into it.

Of course there will be errors on the way, where people place their comments on political topics into the wrong section, leading it to be moved. Once moved though the offender could of course be shot, like any other dictatorship (which the forum is, and I have stated before, that is not a bad thing!). Again I am jesting about the shooting, a gentle knee capping (that is shot in the knees with an air rifle ) would do.

It can be very difficult in the current social climate not to get involved in politics at some point, and as this forum is generally a very social place, with topics outside of cars regularly discussed, I do not see an issue. If people become abusive and offensive, they can be banned, but in my mind, that person would then have exposed themselves to be the anti social one, and not deserving of the social aspect of the forum.

That is just my opinion, and it is the correct one, but I know and appreciate that it may not be your correct one. But hey, I wont hold it against you for being wrong

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!